Heya~! Hehe.. Just woke up an hour ago man.. Actually I woke up at 9am, but I was terribly hung over, I couldn't stand for too long and slept again. Now I feel heaps better..
Went clubbing at this new event, Chilli, at Publicity after watching this MIFF film Cavite. Woah.. Cavite's pretty cool man.. It's about this Filipino guy who was raised in the US and when he goes to visit his mom and sis in the Philipines, he instead finds that they got kidnapped and he's got to follow the kidnapper's instructions. I know it may not sound like much but it's a pretty interesting movie.
And it was fullhouse! Before the doors opened, the queue trailed for like 3 floors. When the doors opened everyone was on the hunt for the best seats available. Thankfully I managed to find a seat at the side in the back half. I guess the film owed their turnout to the pretty good review they received in the MIFF booklet. I myself probably wouldn't have watched it if not for the review.
Smart, tense, raw and uncompromising, Cavite is everything we crave of a
truly independent thriller.
In the town of Cavite, in the Philipines, people will do just about anything
to survive. Adam, an American citizen visiting his home country for his father's
funeral, soon realises this when he arrives at the Philipines airport and
receives a phone call from an anonymous caller; his mother and nine-year-old
sister have been kidnapped and will be killed if he doesn't comply with the
kidnapper's instructions.
With a budget lower than a standard Hollywood catering budget, this
ingenious, white-knuckle ride blindsided critics at the Rotterdam Film Festival
and created enough suspense to leave its audiences gasping. It combines the sort
of inventiveness that we've come to expect from recent Asian genre cinema with
the unmerciful realism of life on the streets in the Philipines. The result is a
first-class first-person nightmare of bruising intensity.
Hehe.. Oh wells.. Final Verdict: Pretty Damn Good.
So anyway, I went clubbing with Dennis, Andy & Dexter. It was a little weird cos I didn't really know them and it was full of Indonesians but Andy was really nice to me. Annd, I met Christina there~! Hehe.. She's a really crazy friendly girl.. It was heaps of fun.. The music was great~! The crowd was perfect! OH.. but manns.. I almost got totally smashed.. I was still recovering from a fever and I got so drunk, I threw up. But Christina's friend got knocked out and we were helping her out, so I sobered up a little straightaway and drank less after that. Haha.. Everyone got so drunk mannn.. Especially Dennis & Dexter.. They started off just staring at the crowd and 3 hours later they were grinning like mad and shaking their booties all over the place man. Hahaha.. Yeah.. It was a good night~