the deepest definition of youth is life as yet untouched by tragedy

Sunday, July 17, 2005

 

Day Four

Oopsie.. took a real long time to get down to blogging again..

We checked out of Andon Ryokan half an hour past the check-out time. Fortunately we didn't get charged extra even though they placed warning notices around the lobby. =]

We took a farewell pic with the two persons managing the inn. Which was kinda sad cos I was starting to have a mini crush on the guy!!!



Hehehe.. Syl and I lugged our stuff on the subway and then up the stairs at Ueno to take the railway to Nippori where our next hotel was. Tokiwa Hotel was very near the station and more comfortable than Andon Ryokan cos of the large tatami mat room and we had our own toilet! Sylvia was happy that we had a mirror next to the window and another one at the toilet sink as compared to Andon where there was NONE. At Andon we had to use the reflection of windows outside it. Hahaha..

We quickly went to Harajuku to do our hair. I tried to look for a specific salon which was a distance away from the famous Takeshita-dori where all the gothics and other trend-setting labels would walk through. In the end we found it but decided to use a different salon just around the corner. It took me three hours to do my hair! So we didn't have much time and instead of Takeshita-dori, we decided to walk to Shibuya to do some eye makeover for Sylvia and shop at 109, a trendy department store. Kinda regretted missing out on the real Harajuku. =(

At Shibuya the stores closed soon after we arrived but we managed to do a little shopping.

Had yakiniku at a nearby restaurant. YUM YUM!!! But we were kinda on a diet + budget so we just ate a few small dishes of meat.

Rushed back to the hotel just before its 12.00am curfew. Whew!! Haha.. The hotel's public bath was still open so we decided to use it. Sylvia was really awkward about having to bathe with other women in the nude and it was funny how we tried to cover as much of ourselves as we could with a teeny towel. We sat in the bath relaxing for quite a while and when we got out. I felt slightly dizzy. I guess we both did. Then after we got dressed, I started feeling really light-headed. In the lift I could barely stand and Sylvia had to help me out and sit me down. Luckily there weren't other people around cos I felt so suffocated and nauseous then that I pulled off the band holding my yukata together. According to Sylvia, my eyes kept rolling around and I think I fainted for a minute or two.

Eventually I came to and she helped me to our room and made tea for me.. I was so grateful for her help~ After like 20 minutes I was much better and we decided to watch the porn PayTV. We were supposed to get PayTV cards from a machine on the same floor and we bought two which was like 2000 yen, about 20 US$. And both cards didn't work on our TV!!! Shucks.. Wanted to complain but we didn't wanna expose our identities! Oh wells, we could still watch it even though the vital organs were blurred.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

June 2004   July 2004   August 2004   September 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   October 2007   October 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]